SEAFOOD PAELLA : MEXICAN FOOD RECIPE
You’ll want to make a trip to your local fish market to get the many fresh ingredients for this classic paella. Rock lobster is also known as crayfish or crawfish .
1 small rock lobster tail
24 fresh clams in shells
11⁄2 pounds medium-sized shrimp
1 pound scallops
1 pound fresh crabmeat
1 small yellow onion
2 garlic cloves
2 medium-sized ripe tomatoes
1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
1 cup whole pimientos
1⁄4 cup parsley
1 cup olive oil
11⁄2 teaspoons salt
2 cups uncooked rice
1 quart hot water
1. Boil the lobster, clams, shrimp, scallops, and crab for about 10 minutes. Remove the shells and devein the shrimp. Cut the lobster into 1-inch cubes. Cut the crabmeat into 1-inch pieces.
2. Peel and mince the onion and garlic. Remove the stems from the tomatoes and chop into 1⁄4-inch pieces. Thaw the peas if using frozen. Cut the pimientos into 1⁄4-inch wide strips. Remove the stems from the parsley and chop roughly.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is limp, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, clams, scallops, tomatoes, and salt.
4. Add the hot water, rice, peas, and parsley; mix well. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
5. Mix in the lobster, half of the pimientos, and the clams. Heat until very hot. Serve garnished with