CHORIZO NOODLES : MEXICAN FOOD RECIPE
Here you get a creamy and savory casserole that works as a hearty breakfast course or an entrée alongside a fresh and bright green salad for dinner.
1⁄4 pound chorizo sausage or any hot, spicy sausage
1 small yellow onion
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
7 ounces small egg noodles
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon Tabasco or other hot sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Fry the sausage in a large frying pan until cooked through. Crumble the sausage as it fries.
Remove meat from frying pan and set aside. Peel the onion and chop into 1⁄4-inch pieces.
3. Add the oil to the frying pan to about 1 inch deep. Stir in the onion and uncooked noodles; fry until the noodles are lightly browned and the onion is soft. Stir often to prevent burning.
4. Return the chorizo to the frying pan and stir in the stock.
5. Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof casserole dish. Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed by the noodles.
6. Remove from the oven. Stir in the cottage cheese and sour cream. Add the hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Return to the oven and bake uncovered for about 10 minutes or until bubbling hot.