CHICKEN-STUFFED AVOCADO : MEXICAN FOOD RECIPE
This summery meal comes together so quickly it’s a perfect midweek option for when you want something tasty, but can’t spend hours in the kitchen!
2 medium avocados
1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked
2 medium tomatoes
4 scallions or green onions
1 cup lettuce
12 pimiento-stuffed green olives
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1⁄2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Peel the avocados. Slice in half and remove the pits. Sprinkle with lime juice.
2. Remove the skin from the chicken and chop into 1⁄2-inch pieces to yield about 1 cup of meat.
3. Chop the tomatoes into 1⁄4-inch pieces. Remove the skin from the scallions and chop into 1⁄4-inch pieces. Tear the lettuce into 1⁄2-inch pieces. Cut the olives into quarters.
4. Combine all the ingredients except the avocados and cheese in a medium-sized bowl.
5. Place 1⁄4 of the mixture into each avocado half. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
A Word about Oregano Oregano is one of the most common herbs found in the Mexican kitchen. It comes in many different varieties, although we usually see just one fresh variety in the United States. Unlike many spices, dried oregano is used by Mexicans even when fresh is available.