BREAKFAST FRITTATA : MEXICAN FOOD RECIPE
To make this even heartier, add chopped sautéed chorizo to the mix! Serve in warmed flour tortillas.
3 cups whole milk
11⁄2 cups flour
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
11⁄2 pounds fresh chili peppers (type of your choosing)
11⁄2 pounds medium Cheddar cheese
11⁄2 pounds Monterey jack cheese
1 red bell pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Blend the milk, flour, salt, and eggs.
3. Spread the oil over the bottom and sides of a 9″ × 13″ pan.
4. Remove the stems and seeds from the chili peppers and cut into 1-inch pieces.
5. Shred the cheeses and mix.
6. Place half of the chili peppers in a layer on the bottom of the pan. Top with half of the cheese.
Add the rest of the chili peppers. Add the rest of the cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
7. Bake for 40 minutes.
8. Remove the skin and seed from the avocado and cut into slices. Remove the seeds and stem from the red pepper and cut into 1-inch pieces. Use the avocado and red pepper as garnish.
Eggs-cellent! Egg yolks contain all of the fat and cholesterol in an egg. Use egg whites instead of whole eggs when making pasta, cakes, and other dishes. Usually 2 egg whites can be substituted for 1 whole egg.