BEAN-STUFFED PEPPERS : MEXICAN FOOD RECIPE
Simple, easy, and delicious Mexican Food, this makes a great side dish for a milder chicken or fish dish and yellow rice.
8 fresh, large jalapeño peppers
2–3 cups refried beans
1⁄4 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Remove the stems from the peppers and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds.
3. Brush the cavities of the peppers with olive oil.
4. Place enough refried beans in each cavity to fill just to the top. (Don’t heap the beans over the top.)
5. Sprinkle a small amount of cheese on top of each stuffed pepper.
6. Place on a baking sheet or in a baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes.