LAYERED TACO DIP : MEXICAN FOOD RECIPE
A party favorite, taco dip tastes best when served with fresh, warm corn tortillas.
3 medium-sized ripe avocados
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 bunch green onions
3 medium-sized red tomatoes
1 cup pitted black olives
1⁄2 pound Cheddar cheese
2 cups canned bean dip
1. Peel the avocados and remove the seeds. Mash together with the lemon juice, salt, and garlic powder. Set aside.
2. Mix together the mayonnaise, chili powder, and onion salt. Set aside.
3. Remove the roots from the green onions and chop into 1⁄2-inch pieces. Remove the stems from the tomatoes and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces. Chop the black olives into 1⁄2-inch pieces. Grate the cheese.
4. Layer on a large plate or platter in the following order: bean dip, avocado mix, sour cream mix, onions, tomatoes, olives, cheese.
5. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
Bean There, Done That Any bean recipe gives you two options for preparation. Cook it longer and let the beans dissolve for a creamy texture. Serve it earlier in the cooking process, as soon as the beans are completely soft, for more distinct flavors in every bite.